Reporting to the General Manager and Regional Head of Accounting, you will oversee the accounting and financial reporting activities, tax, treasury, internal control and compliance, audit, and the review of bank reconciliations. You will be responsible for monthly and quarterly financial close processes, as well as ensure compliance with statutory and company accounting policies and procedure.
You will also continually look into and participate in process improvement and play an important role in sharing best practices with your team and functional colleagues.
About the role
- Manage full sets of Accounts independently
- Be responsible for daily accounting functions; including cash management, AR billing and AP payment
- Prepare period-end closing, budgets and financial statements and reports
- Bank transactions and reconciliation
- Manage tax compliance, queries and disputes from tax authorities and where necessary, obtain professional advices and assistance from tax advisers
- Review Income tax and all relevant local tax return by tax agent
- Generate weekly aging reports, monthly statement of account and monitor AR collections closely
- Assist in performing the company secretarial function; and perform any other duties as assigned.
- Initiate and implement policies, procedures and internal controls in pair with the Regional Head of Accounting to automate workflow or/and improve efficiency
- Ensure that all internal and external finance-related requests are responded to promptly and accurately
- Help in the implementation of new CRM / ERP system
Skills & experiences required
- At least 5 years’ experience in a full set accounting and financial reporting experience, preferably acquired in e-commerce and SAAS
- Familiar with reporting standards and local tax regulations
- Can work independently and responsible with commitment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to work hard in a fast-pace environment and have a lot of fun!
- Able to meet tight deadlines and produce accurate and detail work with quick turnaround
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Able to communicate fluently in English