Chope is an equal opportunity employer with teammates all around Asia. Our team is made up of young professionals who hail from Beijing to Singapore – we value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
We’re united by Chope’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences. We value creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are actively working on building a culture where under-indexed groups are truly welcomed and can flourish.
You will collaborate closely with the entire marketing team as well as functionally across Chope. We value and reward respectful, empathetic discussion and collaboration when creating solutions. This position reports to the China GM.
About the role
Holding an essential leadership role within our marketing team. You’ll help take us to new heights with your experience and skill with people management, team-building, operations, and strategy.
Building a team of 8 high-performing marketers who work across a wide range of channels. This may include:
- Having weekly 1:1s with up to eight marketing teammates.
- Syncing regularly with marketing collaborators from within design and engineering (dotted-line reporting).
- Showing care and attention for those who report to you by creating space for quarterly (at the least) career conversations.
- Providing each teammate with clear goals and deadline accountability.
Helping build a strong, cohesive marketing team. This may include:
- Suggesting ways to organise our team to achieve maximum impact, and implement a plan to make it happen.
- Identifying ways we could grow the team through hiring and which areas we could invest in.
- Owning the growth of teammates: coaching, improvement, and recognition. (You aren’t expected to be a domain expert in all domains. We do expect you to empower and support people to “grow themselves” and for you to guide them as needed).
- Motivating the team to make meaningful progress on goals in reasonable time.
Fully managing team operations for the marketing team. This may include:
- Organising quarterly area-wide reviews, both manager-led and 360° feedback, and communicating the plan to the team.
- Being the final decision maker on defining strategy, measuring their success and improving them through iteration.
- Keeping a keen eye on budget. Finding areas of optimisation and ways to make our yuans go further.
- Syncing regularly with other team leads to ensure smooth collaboration and context sharing.
- Working cross-functionally with other areas within Chope to drive forward on new initiatives and remove friction for marketing team projects.
Collaborating with the China GM on:
- Defining KPIs and measure success across team and department.
- Setting team vision and strategy.
- Identifying new growth ideas.
Skills & experiences required
- Strong track record of people management experience.
- A management philosophy that you can clearly articulate.
- Strong communication, leadership, and project management skills.
- A deep understanding of China specific marketing channels, social medias and channel-performance expectations with successful track record.
- A track record of holding a team accountable to goals and aligned with company-wide strategic priorities, while allowing high levels of autonomy on the team.
- You have a growth mindset and comfortable to evolve in a start-up environment.
- You are organised, responsible, empathetic, kind, and trusting.
- You are from Mainland China with strong English skills
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you.
What We Value
Clear communication, transparency, open-mindedness, empathy and patience are just a few of our cultural values. We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness.
We try to be “No Ego Doers” who are aware of our assumptions, and joining us means you’ll work together with the team in order to test and confirm our ideas. In our career framework, we choose to focus on the journey, the growth and evolution that is a career.