Senior Legal Counsel, Singapore at Axinan
Singapore City, SG
What will you do?
- Responsible for managing all legal and compliance matters. Manage and mitigate legal and regulatory risks.
- Provide legal advice with respect to commercial, product development, transactional, insurance regulatory, contract negotiation, operational and compliance matters.
- Draft and review contracts, agreements and other legal documents in a wide range of legal areas in relation to company’s regional commercial expansion.
- Manage task forces regarding insurance/brokerage/agency license application and potential M&A activities.
- Manage external law counsels and ensure that external legal advice is sound and legally justifiable.
- Protect Axinan’s assets including brand, patent, reputation and intellectual property.
- Manage litigation or other claims if any to preserve Axinan’s rights and minimize liability and reputational damage.
What do you need?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Singapore-qualified.
- Minimum 5 years of practice with a reputable law firm or in-house experience in the financial services or insurance industry. Prior experience working in an insurance industry will be preferred.
- Solid knowledge of the legal and regulations in the insurance industry.
- Regional experience to provide commercial and practical legal advice to fintech/insurtech startups is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and to find creative solutions on diverse matters requiring complex legal and strategic analysis.
- Able to handle a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas and to learn new areas quickly.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is a must; fluent in Mandarin is a plus.