We are currently seeking an IT Technical Engineer who will manage internal networks, workstations, laptops, VC, and associated suppliers. This person will be the primary IT support in our office in CXA Singapore. The engineer will work with a team of IT Technical Engineers to influence, design, and implement new solutions including work on appropriate policy process and infrastructure to ensure stable and secure operation of the business.
How you will impact CXA:
As our internal expert, the IT Technical Engineer will oversee technology use including:
Desktop/laptop support for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
- Network infrastructure and systems (switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs)
- Telephony systems / phones / VC services
- Office 365 support and administration
- Maintain hardware inventory database. This includes newhardware, relocated hardware, new user and terminated users
- Create image for desktops and laptops, update images as needed.
- Business Continuity technology and practices including anti-virus, patch management, network and device security
- Printer and hardware support, maintenance, and administration
- Hardware and equipment purchasing, provisioning, and maintenance
- Actively monitoring the Samanage Support Services ticketing system and providing expert support to users
- Managing competing priorities so that any critical issues are addressed promptly thereby reducing inconvenience caused to users
- Coordinate with vendors, external partners to ensure information systems meet the organization's needs
- Establish and maintain documentation and standards. Understand and maintain service management strategies that align with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- Work closely with the Network Administrator and Security coordinator and follow internal network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Research and recommend new technology to maximize Return on Investment (ROI) based on the departmental and organizational goals and objectives
- Participate in the impact assessment, business case preparation and selection of tools and devices that will improve our ability to effectively maintain, monitor and troubleshoot IT Services and Network Equipment
- Prepare for all physical moves by creating strategy and providing input to facilities and departmental staff on best practices.
- Occasionally support after-hours and weekends
- Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
- Performs all other responsibilities and tasks assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of IT support required
- Proficiency administering Windows, Linux and Mac systems, images, and standards
- Enthusiasm for hands-on technical work
- Good knowledge of network security and availability
- Experience in end-user support including MS Office and common applications in Windows, Linux and OSX
- Experience in network management including firewalls, cabling, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability remediation
- Microsoft Team - Zooms, systems installation administration and support
- Experience administering Office 365 including Azure, Exchange and SharePoint
- Ability to take ownership of issues, document, troubleshoot, and resolve
- Proven strategic thinking and planning skills
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and business issues
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and find creative technical solutions for business problems
- Ability to self-manage, complete projects independently, and report regularly on progress
- Exceptional hospitality and customer service skills
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs of equipment
Only Singaporeans/PR need apply!