We’re looking for someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to create great food and new culinary experiences.
- Assist in crafting world class food that is thoughtful, playful and delight customers that partake in.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.).
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Produce precise, organised and actionable recipe cards using a standard testing protocol.
- Religiously calculate theoretical food costs which align with targets.
- Perform new dish training for the food team.
- Work closely with other Grain departments (operations, design and marketing) on a day-to-day basis on various projects.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Good all rounded experience (from fine dining to production kitchen).
- Good understanding of more than 2 cuisines.
- Strong culinary basics.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.).
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Very good communication skills.
- Excellent physical condition and stamina.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with a fast growing, at the same time, lean and mean team, to make real world impact.
- Have a lot of ownership and drive your own results and progression.
- Smart people who sweat the details and push for the highest standards.
- Training, mentorship, buddies, in-house university program to help you grow.
- Other benefits include competitive compensation package, health care and birthday leave.