SensorFlow makes smart buildings a reality, we are on a mission to retrofit every building to automate decision making and get actionable insights from data, starting with hotels. SensorFlow has helped brands like Accor and RedDoorz save up to 30% on their energy costs while improving their operational productivity through actionable insights from real time data. We are currently in 7 markets across South East Asia and expanding rapidly.
Join us, as we work towards making every building more productive, efficient, and sustainable!
As the Director of Product and Engineering, you will use your skills to:
- Drive and participate in concept and ideation sessions leveraging research and design thinking.
- Introduce trends and exemplars across a variety of emerging technologies like AI, IoT, VR, and AR.
- Balance customer frictions and needs with our business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility.
- Manage the delivery of product concepts, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
- Work with PMs to Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including senior stakeholders, product managers, engineers, sales and marketers.
- Communicate the product's vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to the team, both verbally and visually.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented and deliver products that customers love.
- Be fluent in the latest design and technology trends and influences how they could be applied to solutions
- Proactively plan products releases by considering all teams involved
- Manage senior stakeholder expectations
As the Director of Product and Engineering, You Will Need
- Prior experience as a Director of Product working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, experience designers, service designers, user researchers and senior stakeholders across the business.
- Deep subject matter expertise in research and testing techniques and able to discern which practice to use for which activity.
- Proven experience in driving delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Experience in planning for the growth of your team to the best in class design practice.
- Publish your team's roadmap to all senior stakeholders
- Plan all product releases with outcome-driven results
- Experience delivering full-stack IoT products (hardware and software) into production
- Experience working with BMS and BAS systems, familiar with Modbus, LonWorks, etc.
- Experience working in/with hotels and relevant systems like the PMS
- Experience running a product and engineering team that’s remote and based across a couple of timezones
- You are hungry for feedback and have a strong growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve in your role.
- User-Centric Design mindset focused on delivering products that customers love
- Loves running experiments and has the courage to kill products early if we get it wrong or have no traction
- Thrives in a multi-racial and multi-cultural team and celebrates diversity in opinions
What is it like working at SensorFlow?
At SensorFlow, we’re made up of dreamers, achievers, and visionaries whose passion and belief in a greater cause drive us to do more and push the boundaries of innovation every day. If you want to work with fun-loving and diverse personalities in an environment that prioritizes your learning, development, and autonomy, then SensorFlow is the perfect place for you.
We also have amazing benefits that include a generous 21 days of annual leave, medical and dental coverage, birthday leave, fitness, and flexi benefits.